Laser Vision Correction in Houston, TX
In the United States, LASIK is the most commonly performed laser vision correction procedure. LASIK is not the only option, however, and may not be the right procedure for everyone. At Eye Excellence, located in Houston and serving Missouri City and the surrounding areas of Texas, our board-certified ophthalmologist, Mary T. Green, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S., examines each patient’s circumstance and prescription to determine which laser vision correction option is best suited for their unique visual needs.
Our Approach to LASIK
As a specialist trained in numerous refractive surgery procedures, Dr. Green is able to offer patients more vision correction alternatives than traditional LASIK surgeons. These surgical options include the following:
Dr. Green also will talk with patients about information concerning the following:
- Cost of LASIK
- Custom LASIK
- LASIK vs. PRK
- LASIK Recommendations by Eye Condition
- LASIK FAQ
- Visian ICL
- LASIK vs. ICL
Dr. Green bases her recommendation for your vision correction procedure on several factors, including the following:
- Overall health of your eyes
Patients are evaluated with the most advanced technologies. Our highly trained, experienced staff will perform initial diagnostic pre-testing and preparation for the procedure. This includes precise mapping of the corneas and highly advanced scanning of the optical system with the custom wavefront technology. Counselors will review the pre-operative instructions, what to expect in the laser suite and proper care of the eyes after surgery.
Dr. Green personally meets with each patient to completely understand individual visual needs and concerns. She personally checks the eye measurements and sees each patient for follow-up visits. This personal attention that Dr. Green provides is one of the many examples of her commitment to each patient’s successful visual outcome.
Equipped with the latest technology, Eye Excellence offers more safety and precision with each procedure. From the moment you step into the plush and luxurious office, you will feel a sense of comfort and confidence. Highly trained and experienced staff ensures meticulous sterility of instruments and calibration of equipment in a professional environment, while providing support and the finest care possible for this life-changing laser vision correction procedure.
This combination of experience and reputation, technology, safety, and integrity is the Eye Excellence difference.
Top 10 Things to Consider Prior to Having Laser Vision Correction
Here are the top 10 questions to consider when choosing a laser vision correction specialist/refractive surgeon.
- Is the surgeon a corneal specialist?
- How long has the surgeon been performing refractive surgery, and how many cases have they personally performed?
- Has the surgeon had the procedure done and/or performed the procedure on any of their own family members?
- How genuinely concerned did the surgeon and their staff seem to you as a person vs. just doing the procedure?
- Is the surgeon using the latest custom laser equipment?
- Did the surgeon personally meet with you during your initial consultation?
- Did the surgeon or their staff offer to have you contact former patients without you having to ask?
- Did the surgeon give you a reasonable expectation of a surgical outcome vs. promising you’ll never need glasses again?
Board-certified ophthalmologist Mary T. Green, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S., will help the residents of Houston, Missouri City and the surrounding area of Texas determine which vision correction procedure is right for them. Contact Eye Excellence in Houston today.